m and m ugg boots Two students injured in Litchfield bus crash

uggs ebay Two students injured in Litchfield bus crash

LITCHFIELD Two children were injured in an early morning school bus accident in Litchfield.

Police Chief Joseph E. O Jr., said Monday three vehicles, including a school bus carrying two dozen children, were involved in a wreck near the intersection of Route 3A and Page Road.

O said Michael Boulanger, of Derry, became distracted and drove his 2013 Hyundai into a 2005 Honda operated by Andrew Santom, of Litchfield. The rear end collision subsequently led to the Honda striking the bus operated by First Student driver Edwin Prosper Brousseau, of Nashua, according to police.

The bus, carrying 24 students to Litchfield Middle School, was stopped with flashing red lights to pick up a student when it was rear ended. Two students received minor injuries and were taken by ambulance to an area hospital, police said. There were no injuries reported by the bus driver or the drivers of the two cars.

LMS Principal Tom Lecklider said the students complained of minor soreness and were transported to Southern New Hampshire Hospital in Nashua and were quickly discharged and returned to school the same morning.

“I want to commend the driver of the bus and the students for their cooperation and calmness throughout the incident,” Lecklider said in an email to Litchfield parents.

“A second bus arrived roughly 30 minutes after the accident and transported the 24 students to school. Additionally, other buses were able to pick up the students who were still at bus stops for that route,” he added. “Again, I am very proud of our students and their behavior throughout the incident.”

O said charges against Boulanger are pending as the police investigation progresses.

Southbound traffic on Route 3A was detoured for about two hours while first responders worked at the scene. Police say Lecklider responded to the scene, as well as O and a representative of the bus company.
m and m ugg boots Two students injured in Litchfield bus crash